Currently I do not have neither time no desire to maintain active development of Calcoo.
Moreover, since I consider it to be feature-complete for my purposes, and since it
seems to run fine in modern versions of Windows (up to Windows 7), there does not seem to
be a need in active development. However, one thing was bugging me - the background color
of the main window was off in calcoo 1.3.15-1.0. So i decided to bite the bullet and fix it.
As I do not have access to a professional version of Visual Studio, I had to use Visual
Studio Express 2010. I was able to fix the background color problem, but because the Express
edition does not support the installer package compilation, and because in the last ten years
something seems to have changed in the help file paradigm in Windows, I was only able to
produce an .exe file, which is available for download. Below what it took to compile, just
in case you want to play with the source yourself.
Compiling with Visual Studio Express 2010
to make the project compile:
- in calcoo.rc, change both instances of 'afxres.h' to 'windows.h'
- add the following somewhere in the beginning of calcoo.rc:
// Standard control IDs
#define IDC_STATIC (-1) // all static controls
to make the main window color adequate:
- change COLOR_BACKGROUND to COLOR_WINDOW in line 53 of b_main.c
to compile the installer package and the help (sorry, no solution)
- Visual Studio Express does not support installer compilation
- not sure about the help, but the help is not vital, and is available in help/calcoo.rtf anyway
Last modified: February 20, 2012.